Friday, August 15, 2008

Rhode Island Vacation Part 2: Mansion Tours

On Monday we drove to Newport and toured two mansions, Rosecliff and Marble House. The mansions bring back great memories for me. When I was little, my parents would go on all sorts of day trips to various places and I always went with them. My brother and sisters were all older and off doing their own thing so it was always just me and my parents. We made a few trips to the mansions and I remembered being in awe of these massive properties when I was little. Well, I'm still in awe. Joe and I had so much fun touring the two properties and seeing how the rich folk lived back then.

Me standing outside of Rosecliff.

Joe in the backyard of Rosecliff.

The view from the back veranda at Rosecliff. Could you even imagine having this view from your backyard?

Joe outside the Chinese Tea Room which is in the backyard of Marble House.

Joe in the backyard of Marble House. Isn't that building gorgeous!

Me in front of Marble House.

No comments: