Monday, August 25, 2008

Monster Beck


This is Monster Beck. He has lived in our house for a long long time now. At some point, many months ago, Laina decided there was a monster in the house and she started acting scared of it. Joe quickly turned this around and befriended the monster. He and Laina jointly named him Monster Beck. Some times Monster Beck is invited by Laina to join us for car rides and she asks me to open the car door to let him in the car. Last month I asked Laina to draw a picture of him and this is what she drew. I love little kids imaginations.

Auntie Di visited us this weekend. I didn't tell Laina that Di was coming. On Saturday morning Joe took Laina swimming at the Y. By the time that Laina and Joe got home from the Y, Di had arrived at the house. As soon as they pulled into the driveway, Laina recognized Di's car and Joe said she just lit up. The look on her face when I opened the door to the house and she saw Di standing there was just precious.

Di and I did some great planning for the Avon walk which is coming up very soon! We also did a 5 mile training walk. I couldn't believe how quickly the walk went when I was chatting with Di. I've done this walk a few times now and it just flew by with the two of us doing it together. Di and I also made a very fun trip to Gymboree to buy some fall clothes for Laina. Action packed weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandy and Joe, I know I've said this before, but THANK YOU soo much for this site. I know I'm an absentee Godparent to say the least, but I truly look forward to seeing what Laina is up to whenever I can. I love seeing what's going on with all of you, especially seeing you be the kind of parents that I knew you'd be!! Laina is very lucky. Thanks Again.
Jack