Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We had a lovely Father's Day today! I think the best part of the day is when I got Laina up and she ran into our bedroom and ran over to a sleeping Joe and shouted "Happy Father's Day Daddy"! That's his very first time waking up to his little girl wishing him a happy father's day and I think that's the coolest!

I made Joe French toast for breakfast, which Laina calls "French pancakes" because she just doesn't like the concept of calling it French toast I guess! We enjoyed our "French pancakes" with our
Maine maple syrup - yum! Here are a couple of shots of Joe and Laina from breakfast.



After breakfast we gave Joe his presents. Laina doesn't have daycare on Fridays so she didn't make a craft project for him at school this year, but we did go to the Y on Friday and there she colored a nice poem for him. We also got him a bunch of new shirts and headphones so that he can use his ipod at the Y (since I stole his - hee hee!). Here are some cute shots of Laina and Joe with presents. Laina is wearing her ADORABLE "Daddy's Girl" tank & shorts from Gymboree of course. Unfortunately it was too darned cold out today to wear the outfit for the whole day but she looked awfully cute in it this morning!


After presents, Laina and I headed out for some errands to give Joe some quiet time at home. Then, after lunch and nap Laina and Daddy snuggled on the couch. We ended the day with homemade BBQ baby back ribs and German potato salad (one of Joe's all time favorites thanks to the Butler Family!).


In other news, Joe and I headed out on a date on Saturday night! These are few and far between so we really have fun when we do go out. Our babysitter Amanda (also our daycare owner) and her son Evan came over. Laina and Evan are best of buds and have been together since Laina was 4 months old and Evan 5 months old. They are so cute - they are more like siblings. I can't believe it but we've received our invitation to Ev's 3rd birthday party which means Laina's 3rd birthday is right around the corner *sigh*...

Joe and I went out for a delicious dinner at Joe's Boathouse which is a really nice restaurant in
South Portland right on the water. Joe had lobster and I had a wonderful pasta dish with shrimp, roasted veggies, sundried tomatos, calamata olives and feta cheese! After dinner we headed out to see Sex In The City and I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it yet but....it was great!

I hope all the daddy's and daddy's to be out there had a wonderful Father's day too!

No comments: