Sunday, June 22, 2008

Auntie Nee's Baby Bath

This Saturday was Auntie Renee's Baby Shower (or baby bath as Laina calls it given that she's not a big fan of showers and much prefers baths)! Renee is due on July 16th...new SPG baby is right around the corner! So very exciting!!!

I spent the weekend in MA for the festivities. This was my first weekend being away from Laina in a very long time. I was away form her one other time when she was an infant. Laina and Joe had a grand old time home alone in Maine. Laina did pretty well being away from me. Every time I spoke with her on the phone, she told me "come home right now, Mommy!" Today when I got home, she was just about to go down for a nap and I tip toed into her room to surprise her. She was so cute in her crib...a huge smile on her face and said "mommy...you're home!" So sweet.

I had the pleasure of coordinating the shower, together with Renee's mom. I had a blast. We decided on a giraffe theme since Renee loves giraffes. Ohhh, I'm not sure if she was happy about that given the enormous number of giraffe related gifts that she received! The baby is sure to love giraffes now too (we hope!). I had a fun time designing the invitations and working on the favors. I ordered the paper products online and Renee's mom had the cake designed to match the napkins. Wilson Farms in Lexington, MA did an outstanding job with the cake!

Here are some photos of the gathering. Thanks once again to staff photographer, Rachel. It was so great to see all the girls again. We missed Merci who couldn't be there but it was great fun seeing everyone else. Renee & Mike got tons of good stuff to prepare for the arrival of the little one.

The cake...

Cutting the cake...

Big brother to be...

Grandma to be...

Mom to be and Great Gram to be...

Grandma and Aunt to be...

Friends from work: Sarah, Ruth & Robin...

Dad to be, modeling the giraffe blanket...

Me and the favors...

Lovely ladies...

Marybeth & Amy...

Lucas & Isabella...

Good luck Auntie Nee & Uncle Mike! Laina can't wait to meet her new cousin!!

No comments: