Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finally A Beach Day!

Today was beautiful! Those of us in the Northeast are becoming all too familiar with thunderstorms. Every day it seems another round of storms moves in...and out...and back in again. But today was storm free!

This morning Laina asked me to re-polish her toenails because the nail polish was coming off. It cracks me up that she's so into having her toes painted. I learned a great trick at my last pedicure. One of the manicurists has 5 year old twin girls and I was telling her that Laina always wiggles her toes while I try to paint them. She suggested that I have Laina stand up while I'm painting them and that way she won't be able to wiggle quite as easily. It worked like a charm and this was the best mom-made pedi Laina has received in her 2 years, 9 months of life!

Here are some cute pictures of her. She's up on the counter just after I finished the pedi and put her sandals back on. These pictures, in my opinion, capture the true Laina and her silly, funny, hamming it up little self...a side you only get to see when you spend a lot of time with her and the real Laina emerges...






After nap, we finally got to hit the beach. This is the great thing about living in Maine. We are five minutes from the beach and so we can go at 4:30pm when everyone else has gone home for the day and the sun isn't so tough to take. There's plenty of free parking, it's a quick walk from the car to the sand, and we can spend an hour splashing in the water, digging in the sand and climbing up the lifeguard chair. Here are some shots of our beach outing. I just love the turtle shades...





No comments: