Saturday, May 17, 2008

When Did I Become A Soccer Mom?


WIKIPEDIA: In North American social, cultural and political discourse, soccer mom broadly refers to a middle or upper middle class woman who spends a significant amount of her time transporting her school-age children to activities such as soccer practice.

When did this become me? The answer....this Saturday at 8:00 a.m.

So I signed Laina up for swim class, music class and dance class. When we started dance class, our teacher, Ms. Nicole explained that there was a recital at the end of the year and we could choose whether or not we wanted to participate. I thought it would be cute so sure, I signed her up for the big show. Well I had no idea what this entailed! Regular dance class ended last week. Now we're into rehearsal mode. We have two weekends of in studio rehearsal, one day of full dress rehearsal at the Merrill Auditorium in Portland and then the big show on June 7th. In the middle of this we're still in swim class and music class.

So this Saturday at 8:00 a.m. we left the house and headed over to the dance studio. We were there for an hour and a half and Laina practiced her dance in front of a room full of people. Once they ran through all the numbers twice, we could go. So from dance class we ran home and packed the swim bag and we were off to the Y for swimming at 10:00 a.m. When we finished swim class and we were walking to the car Laina said to Joe and I, "now where are we going?" We chuckled and replied "home for a nap"!!!

Now obviously I did this to myself since Laina isn't running around asking to participate in all these activities. And seriously we're having a great time and it keeps us good and busy. It's just funny that I need a palm pilot to keep track of my two year old's life!

No comments: