Friday, May 16, 2008

What A Difference A Year Makes!



Here are a couple of recent pictures of Laina playing in our backyard. What a difference a year makes. Last summer she couldn't climb up the slide by herself and she didn't really know how to hold herself onto a big swing. This summer is much different! She loves swinging and she's learning how to "pump" her legs on the swings. She runs up that ladder to do the slide and at the local playground she's lost her fear of the equipment that she had last summer. My little girl is growing up!

Every morning when I get Laina out of bed, she asks me where she's going today. She wants to know if she's going to Evan's house (i.e. daycare), or to dance class, or to music class, etc. So this morning I told her she wasn't going anywhere and that she was staying home with me and she replied "me no want to stay home....my want to go play with my friends"! WHAT??!???!??! I was heart broken! I had a vision of Laina as a teenager rolling her eyes at me explaining that she'd much rather head to the mall with her friends then hang out at home with daddy and I!!!

Today we're off to meet daddy for lunch in Portland. He has a break between court and visiting clients in the jail so I packed a picnic lunch and we're heading up to meet him in a bit.

No comments: