Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day


I had an interesting Mother's Day weekend. Laina and I were invited to Olivia's 3rd Birthday Party in Massachusetts on Saturday. Joe was busily prepping for a trial that was starting in Massachusetts on Monday so Laina and I headed down to the party without Joe. We started the morning off with swim class, ate our lunch in the car and drove down to hang out with all our friends at Olivia's party. I was so busy watching over Laina that I didn't have the opportunity to get any good photos but we had a great time and its hard to believe that Olivia is 3 already. Even without a nap Laina was a gem all day and just kept going and going until she crashed in the car sometime after 8pm.

Laina and I spent the night at Auntie Renee & Uncle Mike's house and that went wonderfully. Laina did great again in her sleeping bag and was too cute about the whole thing. Joe was heading to MA on Sunday for his trial and as it turns out he was driving right past Renee & Mike's exit so we met up with him for lunch in Lowell. He then headed his way and Laina and I drove back up to Maine. So my mother's day consisted of a lot of driving and lunch at The 99 but I was with Laina busy being a mommy so I guess that's what its all about. Joe is on his way back up to Maine this afternoon. It's weird to be apart this long and Laina has been asking for him all the time. She'll be so happy when she gets home this evening and sees that he is home (and so will I!!).

One of my mother's day gifts from Laina were these very pretty tissue paper flowers that she made at school. I also received a poem with Laina's hand print & foot print. Its funny because when she was an infant, I got these hand/foot prints and because she was just a baby they ended up as one big smoodge on the paper but now that she's older and can really press down her own hand & foot, they came out really adorable.

To all the moms...and mommies to be....I hope you had a wonderful, peaceful day!

No comments: