Friday, April 3, 2009

Gymnastics!

Laina started gymnastics this week. We have been taking Music Together on Wednesday mornings for a long time now. Unfortunately gymnastics occurs at the exact same time and so I gave Laina a choice and she chose gymnastics (I would love it if we could do both, but oh well). We visited the gym a few weeks ago to make sure Laina was really interested and then today was her first official class. She was so cute. She said "Mommy, I'm going do to everything by myself today" and she told me "I'm participating this week - not just visiting". This kid cracks me up with her sentences. I am so proud of my little girl. She is breaking out of that mold that SO MANY people have classified her as and she is just no longer my shy little three year old. I knew she wasn't shy...she just takes her time to warm up and you know what -- cautiousness is a great thing in this world. She jumped RIGHT into everything at the gym today. You'd never know that it was her first class and the other kids in the class had been attending for months. She had a blast. She ran around for 45 minutes straight. We made a good choice!

Laina in her leotard ready to head off to class
Swinging on the bars
Having a GREAT time!

1 comment:

All about Me said...

Woo hoo -- look at that gymnast go!