Monday, January 19, 2009

Where I Stayed While You Guys Married Up?

As most three year olds do, Laina has been asking lots and lots of questions. Sometimes it can be exhausting to keep up with all the answers, sometimes it can be fascinating to 'watch' her little brain work, and other times its just plain humorous. We have a lot of pictures around our house and 97% of them are pictures of her. There are the occasional pictures that don't have her in them and she always questions why she's not in the picture. This morning she was looking at a picture of Joe and I on our wedding day and she asked me "where I stayed while you guys married up?" I tried to explain to her that she wasn't born yet. She didn't like that answer and said "I stayed home?". I told her again that she wasn't born yet when Daddy and I got married and then she just changed the subject. I guess the notion of life before Laina is not something she wants to talk about!

Well, its a happy day here in Steeler Country. Joe and Laina came downstairs to begin watching the football game at 6:30pm last night and Laina was in rare form. She was jumping around the living room and every time Big Ben or Hines Ward came on the TV she would shout out their name and she started cheering like a cheerleader (no idea where she learned this) and shouted "GO STEELERS!". I asked Joe if he gave her the "black & gold kool aid" upstairs. Here's a shot of the two fans taken last fall. Go Steelers!

No comments: