Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reflective

I normally use this blog as an opportunity to muse about all things Laina - the funny, the silly, the frustrating, the good, the bad, the ugly. Today however I am using the blog as an opportunity to reflect --- on the beauty of life.

Laina takes dance class with a four year old girl named Elle. She has been in dance with Elle for two years and the girls really seem to dig each other. Elle hasn't been at dance for the past few weeks and her absence has been noticed. I figured that maybe they had colds, the flu, were on some great vacation or just bogged down with life in general. Boy I didn't know the half of it. Elle was at dance class today and I had an opportunity to speak with her mom Beth. Elle was diagnosed with cancer this month. Cancer. She's four years old. Cancer. Nobody should have to use the word chemotherapy in a sentence ---- but a four year old?

This hits too close to home. Laina and Elle will be in the same kindergarten class in 2010. My heart goes out to Elle, Beth and their family. Elle is a little girl with a lot of spunk. I trust in my heart that her future is bright. She has a tough road ahead of her. I am praying for her and her family. Her dad has created a blog to keep friends and family updated on Elle's journey.

Take a moment to reflect on life -- the precious beauty of life. Grab hold of your babies and hug them tight. I know I sure am. Here's to Elle for fighting the fight.

No comments: