Sunday, March 1, 2009

First School Lunch

At Laina's school they serve the same foods for lunch each day of the week and Laina enjoys all the meals,except....on Fridays....when they serve fish sticks. Can you really blame her though? So the school is flexible and if you want to pack a lunch you can do so. Last Friday I packed Laina's first brown bag lunch for school. It was very exciting! I'm sure when Laina is 10 and I'm still making her lunch, I'll be burnt out and not so enthusiastic about it, but for now, I thought it was fun. I made her a turkey sandwich and a bag of grapes and then she also ate the fruit, vegetables and milk they serve at school. I also wrote her a little note telling her I loved her and she put it in her school cubby after she ate her lunch. Of course, I forgot to actually bring her lunch with us and as we were in the car in the driveway getting ready to leave for school she said "Mommy! You forgot to get my lunch!" I was so proud of her that she remembered and so happy that she was excited to have a special homemade lunch.

No comments: