Friday, November 7, 2008

My little super reader and her voca-BOO-lary lessons!

At school, the kids learned a new set of words throughout the week. They spent the week learning the words and then on Friday, Amanda gave them a paragraph filled with the words they learned during the week and the kids had to use a highlighter to find the words they recognized. This week's words included girl, boy, mom, dad, cat, bed, ball and boo. Laina got all the words right. It's amazing to me that she's beginning to learn how to recognize words and it's fascinating to watch.


Laina is a very inquisitive little girl. I know this is very typical for a three year old but to live through it can be stressful! Every day brings a new round of rapid fire questions from Laina. Usually it revolves a lot around who purchased various things in our house, i.e. "who bought my sink", "who bought my washing machine", "who bought my crib", etc. Then there are the questions I get while we're driving in the car, i.e. "why do they have a swing set", "why don't they have a swing set", "who is following us", etc. But the topper tonight was at the dinner table when she asked "where do babies come from".......eeeekkkk! Joe and I just looked at each other with a big "gulp" in our eyes. Luckily while I was fumbling in my head trying to figure out the appropriate answer, she moved on to the next question and I never had to answer it. Now I'm working on the answer so I have it at the ready the next time it comes up!

No comments: