Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tour De Saco



As you may know, I'm training to participate in the Avon 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer this fall (for more information click Avon link on my list of favorite spots on the web). I'll be walking 26.2 miles over the course of 48 hours in New York City this fall, along with my sister Dianne who was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall. Avon provides a suggested training schedule which I've been following pretty closely. On Friday with the gorgeous temperatures here, Laina joined me for a nice long walk. We left home at 10am and headed into town, stopped at the post office, went to Sportshoe Center to buy some new sneakers for Laina, then over to the bank, on to Shaw's to pick up a few things then we walked over to the playground and then walked home. We were out and about for 2.5 hours and although I don't consider it a real training walk, with all those stops, it did give me a nice long walk for the day. Laina was great company in the stroller. It was the first absolutely beautiful day we've had here reaching the high 70's and I was so concerned with shading Laina from the sun that I didn't think about myself and ended up with a sunburn! Here are a couple of pictures of Laina on our "Tour De Saco".

No comments: