Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh No! Say It Isn't So!!!

For the last 3 days that Laina has been home with me (Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday) she has not taken a nap. She has instead played in her crib, singing, dancing (yes dancing), jumping and having a grand old time with her "buddies" (stuffed animals). Today she started yelling to me "Mommy, I need you!!!!!" and I bolted up the stairs sure I was going to find her in distress.
As I bound on into her room, she looks at me and says "Mommy, I dropped my sandwich". Well the "sandwich" was really one of her buddies blankets --- apparently they were all having a picnic and the "sandwich" fell behind her crib and this was the big emergency!

I'm not sure if Laina realizes how vital nap time is. It's my two hours in the day to do stuff! It helps me re-energize before the afternoon toddler session. And most importantly, it insures a pleasant evening because Laina is well rested. I sure hope that naps are not being slowly phased out! Stay tuned!

Here are a couple of cute pictures of Laina in her beach wear. Her bathing suit is striped and matches her cover up, hat, sunglasses and flip flops. For those of you who are not as intimate with Gymboree gear as I am (and my friend Rachel is), the whole outfit is adorned with FISH which we all know are mommy's favorite! She looks awfully adorable in the full get up and now we just need a good 80 degree day to try it all out for real! Bring on summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is weird - Colby wouldn't nap yesterday either and we've been having trouble getting him to sleep at night. Last night he woke up screaming and when I walked in his room he was trying to climb out of his crib. He had one leg up and was trying to lift himself over the side. Right now he has both his crib and his toddler bed set up in his room, but I think Jay might be taking the crib down tonight. I'm sad to see the crib go, but don't think we can take a chance.