Saturday, March 29, 2008

Ziggy Piggy


The Easter Bunny left quarters hidden in eggs for Laina to find. The Easter Bunny also brought Laina a "paint your own piggy bank set" (the EB loves a theme gift, right?).

Laina was generous and shared her kit with Joe and I. The set came with 3 ceramic pigs to paint. We had great fun on Easter evening painting our piggies. At first I wasn't sure how I wanted to paint mine but then it came to me....make a Ziggy Piggy to honor our furry friend Ziggy. I pulled out some photos to get the coloring just right!

Laina and Joe had a blast too. Laina used every color available and I think there are about 10 full layers of paint on her pig. She used sooooooo much paint that Joe didn't have enough to coat his piggy....but it was her gift right so she can use as much paint as she likes.

We all named our piggies afterward and I named mine "Ziggy Piggy". Joe named his (far left) "P is for Patch" and Laina named hers (far right) "Pop Pop".

Ohhhhh, there are many years of fun craft projects ahead of us!

No comments: