Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Pink Stuff



The house is sick. I have managed to avoid it so far. Hopefully I remain immune. Laina's had a fever since Saturday...the wake up at 3am-scream crying-103 degree-kind of fever. Poor baby-sleepy mama.

I took her to the doctor Monday and they say she has a sinus infection (I was so happy to hear it wasn't an ear infection!!!) They put her on amoxicillin...the infamous pink stuff. She hasn't been on prescription meds for a while and after I gave her the first dose, her reply was "ohhhhhh, that's YUM!" Very cute. After being on antibiotics for three days, she's looking better, becoming less crabby, her color is back and her fever is staying down. Yeah. She only woke up 3 times last night!

But now Joe is sick. It started yesterday. He feels awful. I feel very bad for him! So, I'm playing nurse to my two loves. I've jokingly been calling them "Germ 1 and Germ 2" (as opposed to Dr. Seuss' Thing 1 and Thing 2).

Spring can't come soon enough!

Here's a favorite photo of my Laina...I love the lighting and her sweet little face and her hair pulled back.

No comments: