Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day thanks to my sweet husband and beautiful daughter. The day started with breakfast made by Joe. Then he bathed Laina and they got ready and headed out to run a bunch of errands while I stayed home and relaxed watching totally cheesy television which I loved every second of. Then they came home with 6 lobsters for dinner! Joe cooked a delicious dinner for us. They gave me a new bead for my bracelet, beautiful flowers and cards. In school Laina made me a ring holder (painted when the pottery painting place came to school) and a beautiful votive holder that she made in class with her teachers. Here are some pictures of Laina with the lobsters. This is the closest she's gotten to lobsters and we couldn't believe she actually held one. She also took a bite this time! Big steps! She's still not a fan but that's ok.

I gave Laina a present for Mother's Day this year - a book for us to read together. Without this precious little girl I would not have the honor of celebrating this holiday. It is truly amazing how this little being has changed my life so much. I love you Laina! Thanks for being my baby!!!






No comments: