Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

For Mother's Day, one of the gifts from Joe and Laina was this fire pit which I have wanted for a long time now. We pulled it out for Memorial Day weekend and it really is awesome. We made fun yummie s'mores which of course my chocolate and marshmallow loving little one loved and I must say Joe and I did as well!

In the morning we all headed to the Memorial Day parade in our town. It's so nice to be able to walk to a community event like that. Laina loves parades because she knows they generally toss candy out to the crowd. We all love the music and seeing all the Veteran's and families marching is what helps us remember what the holiday is all about. Not just those tasty s'mores!

I love the picture below of Laina and Cooper all dressed and ready to go to the parade in their red white and blue...and Laina making Cooper do tricks for treats. I love that he listens to her just as he would us -- as long as a treat is involved of course!





No comments: