Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We're Doomed!

Laina and I were driving home from gymnastics today. We live near the train station and the Downeaster (Amtrak) goes through our neighborhood many times a day. On the ride home from gymnastics we got stuck at the railroad crossing and were first in line. I said to Laina "here comes the train!" and she looked up to see the red lights flashing and the gates coming down. While she's very used to seeing the train many times a day, she's not as used to seeing the lights flash and the gates close and so with a very concerned voice she replied to me "WE'RE DOOMED"! I burst out laughing. Where do kids come up with these things? I'm sure she heard it on one of her shows but the fact that she used it "appropriately" in a sentence just cracks me up. I asked her, "where did you learn that?" and she said "I taught it to myself - my brain taught me". So funny.


This picture has nothing to do with the post but it cracks me up. Joe and I were outside grilling and taking Cooper out and we look up at our bedroom window to find this:
Laina had been sent to her room because she wasn't being a good listener. We decided to just have her stay up there and play until dinner was ready because it was just one of those days where we all needed a break. Well she must have been playing kitchen and then headed into our room to see us out in the backyard. She's wearing her apron and chef hat and smooshing her face against my bedroom window. What a nut.

No comments: