Sunday, December 21, 2008

Family Party in Massachusetts

Laina, Joe and I attended our family Christmas party in MA yesterday and despite the crazy weather getting there we had a wonderful visit. I've attended this party almost every year since I was a little girl and for whatever reason we've not been able to attend the past few years so this is Laina's first time attending the party since she was 3 months old. She got to meet lots of family and had a very fun time.

Every year at the party there are various Christmas themed games to be enjoyed by all. This year the highlight was "The 12 Days of Christmas". Everyone was assigned a different role to play in the song, we sang it as a group and each time your part came up, you had to jump up and perform your role. It was pretty funny. My personal favorite part of course was that Joe and Laina played the role of "the partridge in a pear tree" - - Joe was the pear tree and Laina was the partridge. Every time this part of the song came up (which of course is all 12 verses) , Joe would stand up and be the pear tree, while holding Laina up and she would flap her wings as the partridge. It was adorable! I didn't get shots of every part of the song, but here are the highlights (or low lights as the case may be) - it's of course funnier if you were there to witness the insanity!

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree....
4 calling birds (Joanne, Larry, Kris and Di)
5 golden rings (Lyn, Uncle Neil & Jim)
6 geese a layin' (Uncle Donald)
7 swans a swimming (Marylou)
eight maids a milking (my dad)
ten lords a leaping (me and Tom)

and of course, the game master and ring leader of all Christmas party activities....Uncle Dan

No comments: