Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's The Simple Things



Last night we had tacos for dinner. The whole thing just really amazed me. There sat Laina at the dining room table, in her big girl seat, chatting away with us, taco in hand, piling it with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, cheese and taco sauce, and then chomping down on it, and just loving every minute of it.

Two years ago, she was barely eating baby sweet potatoes (see photo above taken February 28, 2006), not quite able to hold herself sitting up, and having to sit in a high chair.

It's fascinating to watch her grow, become a big girl, talk in full sentences, have opinions (lots of them), give me hugs, tell me she loves me, have her run to me when she gets a boo boo or when her zipper is stuck, count from 1 to 15 (adorably sometimes calling 11 "eleventeen", play hide and seek, sing the ABC's and The Wheels on the Bus, memorize and recite back almost all the words to "There's a Wocket In Your Pocket" and do something as simple as build her very own taco and chomp down.

Every day she amazes me. What a gift!

No comments: