Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!




Laina had a super Valentine's Day. In the morning when she woke up she opened my Valentine's gift, a felt bag (the girl LOVES bags) filled with a musical recorder, foamie stickers, valentines stickers, the movie "The Aristocats" and some wind up ladybugs & butterflies. She had a party at school and the night before we made heart shaped frosted cut out cookies to bring to her party. The party started at 3:30p.m. and all the parents were invited. Only myself and one other mom attended and that's one of the things I love about our new work schedule...that I can easily partake in fun little things like that with Laina. Laing got a mailbox full of Valentine's from her little friends. Even though I get to see all these kids at drop off and pick up, hanging out with them for an hour or so was really such a riot. As we all know, Antonio is her all time favorite, and he ran around making a tea party and filling up everyone's cup. Natayah just adores all the parents and so she sat herself right down next to me and started bringing me books to read to her (which then lead Laina to grab my leg and say "my mommy"--funny). We played a very fun game of colored hearts BINGO which Laina won! And the kids played "pin the heart on cupid". At home, Daddy brought Laina her first bouquet of flowers and a heart shaped mylar balloon which I think was her favorite gift of the day. She also opened gifts from both Auntie Di, Uncle Tommy & Cuzzie Nik (as Laina calls her) and from Auntie Renee, Uncle Mike & Archie that arrived in the mail. So all in all a VERY sweet day for Laina. Here are a few pictures to capture the love...

On a totally different subject, Laina likes walking around the house with various remote controls pretending they are telephones. She often holds full conversations with Daddy when he's not home, which are just adorable to listen too....things like "Hi Daddy....courthouse daddy? I'm eating banana daddy", etc. Well tonight she decided she was talking to Uncle Tommy on the phone. She just kept going on and on discussing "things" with Uncle Tommy and then gave the phone (aka remote control) over to both Joe and I so that we could talk to Uncle Tommy too. Very cute.

No comments: