Friday, August 6, 2010

First Mani/Pedi!

I've been painting Laina's nails since she was probably 18 months old. When she was very little I only painted her toes because her fingers would go in her mouth too much. Last summer when she was 3 I told her I would try painting her fingers but...she continued to bite her nails so she lost that privilege. This summer I told her I would try it again and she handled it much better. She's past the nail biting phase. But this summer she's in camp which means lots of hard outdoor play and time in the water. Not a good combination for nail on the fingers so I've been limiting that. I went to get myself a pedicure a few weeks ago and she was very curious about this whole thing and wanted to give it a try. I told her I would eventually take her. Well this was the week and boy did we have a great time. It was so cute sitting next to Laina in the pedicure chairs. She held my hand and she just giggled with her feet soaking in the blue water and as they clipped her toe nails and massaged her feet and put on blue nail polish. She was over the top when they asked if she wanted a flower painted on her nails. Oh yes she did want a flower! She was just adorable. She also got a manicure and had matching blue fingers with pretty white flowers. This is definitely something we will do again soon!

No comments: