Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Kittyhugs!

Laina informed us this morning that kittyhugs is FIVE years old today! She had a very elaborate plan. Daddy had to dress up in a tie (which he did at 7am) and we were going to make a cake and it would be chocolate cake with brownies and ice cream. Wow wishful early morning thinking huh! Well as it turns out we went out to dinner today. We brought the birthday girl with us and celebrated with a brownie sundae for us all to share.

Kittyhugs is Laina's best buddy. I bought kittyhugs when I was about 5 months pregnant and had found out we were having a girl. Kittyhugs (or KH) was the very first thing I ever bought for my baby and so she holds a very special place in my heart.

When Laina was little I always presented her with kittyhugs in an effort to insure a special bond between the two. Joe says I was brainwashing our baby. I think I was just making sure Laina had a security blanket to make her days just a little big brighter ;)

When Laina began talking she couldn't pronounce kittyhugs. She called her Qui~Gong and Joe and I joked that she was a jedi kitty. We couldn't imagine a day when kittyhugs would ever be called kittyhugs because she had become Qui~Gong to us. Then one day it happened. Laina started calling her kittyhugs.

Laina can't go to sleep without her and I love that she is her best buddy ever. Maybe I had a hand in making that happen but hey, is that so wrong?

Happy 5th Birthday Qui~Gong!


No comments: